Sunday, November 28, 2010

it's the most wonderful time of the year!

This past week of vacation has been exactly what I wanted it to be.  Prior to Thanksgiving festivities, I lounged around the house, cleaned up, decorated for Christmas, cleaned up some more, tackled laundry, washed my car, and quite frankly, was pretty lazy!  This, coming from a girl who very rarely just sits around and watches television.  As I finished decorating each room, I also cleaned each room from top to bottom.  I love knowing that my house is clean & decorated :) and yes, I am slightly OCD.  There is just something about having a decorated house to keep me focused on the real reason of the season.  Some of your decorations make my house look pitiful, but I will still give you a glimpse of what I have done..

Ever since I graduated in 2006, I get the newest NCSU Christmas ornament as a gift from my mom.  They are all glass and fairly heavy, so I thought I would just place them in my guest bedroom this year with this amazing canvas I have.  I found the canvas for a steal of $5 at a local boutique last year, and have kept it propped up ever since.  I really didn't need it but I couldn't pass it up for such a good deal.  I always look forward to the new ornament, and can't wait to see the one for 2010.

This Nativity set is very special to me, as it came all the way from Israel!  Not to mention that it is beautiful, and was hand-made.  My mom went to the Holy Land in April of this year, and brought back all kinds of goodies, including this.

This Christmas Dish is one thing I couldn't pass up when I saw it a few weeks ago.  I love the way it defines Christmas!

These Christmas flutes were a gift and I usually place them on my red buffet.

I splurged and ordered personalized gift labels from http://www.tinyprints.com/ and I think this is what I am most excited about when giving gifts this year!!

And finally, THE TREE...


These past 10 days away from work have flown by.  I am hoping this full work week will go smooth, and maybe I will still be able to keep this blog updated for all of you!

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks beautiful! I, also, am OCD about having a clean house before decorating! Hope your first day back at work goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely decorations! I need some of your OCD here in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!! Work was OK today...one day down, four to go before we have another weekend :) Mrs. Emily, your house looks fine & I can't wait to see your tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, shug! How I miss your neurotic cleaning habits and organization! :) The decorations are magical! I love that you do something to decorate every room. That nativity scene from Israel is AMAZING! Miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...I agree with mom! I could use some OCD in my house as well :) Your decorations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete