Monday, November 22, 2010

practice makes perfect, so they say

When Joseph called earlier to tell me goodnight and I told him that I had just published my first blog post, he of course asked me what it was about.  I just laughed.  I honestly never answered because I think it's pretty bland at this point & I'm sure he, like most of you, will think I'm crazy.  Oh well, I look forward to the day I wake up and my blog is complete with a nice layout, good pictures, and witty, funny posts; but until then, I will just keep you up to date about what I've been doing.

Summer is by far my favorite season, but my favorite part of fall is football.  Even though I was a cheerleader for 4 years, I never understood football until I attended my first game at NCSU.  I went to as many home games I could get tickets to during my 6 years in Raleigh.  Obviously, I went to a lot while I was a student, but since graduation and moving back to Kinston, the chances are slim that I can get tickets or that I don't already have plans on a gameday.  This year, I've been able to get tickets to both the NCSU @ ECU game and the NCSU @ UNC games this year.  Even though the Pirates sent the Pack back home with a tough loss, the Pack pulled it off this past Saturday at UNC, and both games were so much fun!  I labsolutely love being there in person because, let's face it, if I have to watch it on television, I will start cleaning up the house, or end up going shopping.  If you want me to watch a sport, you better make sure I am physically there to see it in person!!  Of course, I believe that no tailgating compares to Wolfpack Tailgating at Carter Finley, but I always enjoy the good memories that are made during those beautiful Saturdays in the fall, no matter where the game is.  It's usually a rare occasion that my two bestest friends from college (Laura Helen & Traci) and I can get together, but we were blessed to all go to the ECU game together.  There is never a dull moment with us three, despite our loss that day!



Obviously, the second picture is a few years old but these pictures are so similar I just couldn't resist not posting both.  The second picture is from a sorority function they dragged me to attend after I graduated & was working 'in the real world'.  We met in the fall of 2004 and have been inseparable ever since.  It was also great to run into one of my past roommates, Katie Zawadzki Crews, yesterday at Carolina.  I haven't been able to see her since she got married, and she was able to meet Joseph.  We were quite impressed with her husband's boss' setup, and we had a great time tailgating with Katie & Charlie.  It was so good to see you!!


GO PACK!


Joseph was not happy after yesterday's game, since he is a Carolina fan, but we still had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment