Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving with The Andrews'

I have been looking forward to my nap for over 4 hours now, but before I lay down on my nice, comfy, leather couch, I figured I would surprise a few people and do a post from today.  I have so many blessings to be thankful for, it would be impossible for me to name them all.  One thing in particular, is Joseph's family.  They are amazing, funny, kind, faithful, loving, energetic, hard-working, generous, loyal, and did I mention funny?  Since I am an only child, I never had fun family memories so I always enjoy getting together with his family since he is one of three children.  His sister, Ashley, aka, The Heath Bunch, and I have become best of friends, and I truly cherish the connection that she and I have.  Not trying to get sappy here, sorry!  Ever since Ashley got a Canon Rebel for her birthday in September, we act like professional photographers trying to capture every moment that happens.  I swear those cameras can be addicting.  Joseph really does act like a professional when he has it, and I must say, he captured some pretty good pictures today.  As I am typing, my eyelids are getting heavy, so I'll leave this post short but with lots of pictures from the first half of my day.

Upon arrival

Beautiful mama & daughter

 A little wine will do the trick.

Grandmother & Mallory doing some learning!

How cute is this little nugget!?  Their cousin, Ingrid, and her son, Dawson, joined us for dinner & he was such a happy camper.

Poor Jason, he has been working nights for almost 2 months and he supposedly was having a hard time staying awake today.  Magically, he managed to wake up when the food was ready!

 Joseph thinks he is strong or something.  He broke his mom's rib when he pulled this trick in high school.  No, really, he did!  Ashley is scared. 

Let me introduce you to Miss Mallory Grace!  I could eat her up with a spoon.  She is the highlight of my life.  I love her beautiful self to pieces!


Aeromatics inside the turkey cavity...

Joseph thought he was Alton Brown off the food network, his inspiration for today's delicious bird.

My mom joined us today and it warmed my soul.  They didn't have to invite her, but they did.  And I love them so much more for that.

Just goofing off with the turkey's neck...and Mrs. Emily's!!
 
Ashley & I posing with the table full of goodness we slaved over..

Meanwhile, these guys claim to be the cooks...
 
I think the pictures above give you a good idea of all the wonderful food we had, only to be followed with numerous desserts.  My dessert of choice was this pretty dish below, Mrs. Emily's Cran-Apple Crunch & it was great!

As if that wasn't enough food and fellowship for one person, we still had to visit my step-dad's family this afternoon.  Joseph was like a grizzly bear trying to wake him from his nap at his parents, but we finally arrived to my grandma's after everyone had eaten.  I did not mind because honestly, I was miserable from eating so much the first time.  We were able to visit with everyone and still managed to eat a slice of my aunt's delicious 12 layer chocolate cake, and her carrot cake.  Our duties are over now and it's time to relax.  Writing about my day has made me even more tired, so I'm going to rest my eyes now  :)  My Christmas Tree is lit up, football is on tv, Joseph is on one couch, and I'm on the other.  This is my favorite part of Thanksgiving!!

I hope you & yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.  In everything you do, give Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving made all the better by having you and your mom here. We do have so many things to be thankful for and at the top of the list are family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I think it's so funny how similar our Thanksgiving posts are :) You took some great pictures too! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete