Monday, November 22, 2010

why am i still awake?

I can't even stay awake this late on the weekends, but for some reason I am still wide awake.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I have this whole week off work, and probably nothing to do with the fact I feel like I need to keep adding a new post for all the random facts that pop into my head!

Today, we celebrated Thanksgiving with my mom's family.  When we get together, there are more kids than there are adults.  OK, so maybe I'm exaggerating, but I know the numbers are close either way.  It was such a beautiful day with 70 degree temperatures and the bright sun shining.  After we finished eating, all of the adults sat outside watching the kids play, riding bikes, drawing on the sidewalk, throwing the football, and snacking some more.  My mom's family is loud.  My mom's family likes to bring bourbon slushies to family functions.  My mom's family can cook good.  Yes, what you're thinking is right, the adults sat and drank bourbon slushies and telling stories, while the kids ran around all over the place.  I wouldn't trade it any other way.  Family is so important to me, and I treasure the few times that we can all get together.  For the most part, we all live in Eastern NC, with the exception of 5 others in Florida.  However, for years, we have always gotten together the Sunday before Thanksgiving, and the Sunday before Christmas.  It has been that way ever since I can remember.  It makes it easy, so we always know what to plan for, and it doesn't interrupt our plans for the actual holiday later during the week.  This is everyone minus our Florida family!



Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite holiday.  It may have something to do with the fact that I love to eat, but I truly enjoy when everyone gets together for food and fellowship.  It's not about gifts and who got the best present, but it's about being thankful for the life we live and enjoying each other's company.  To me, Thanksgiving is the time to think about what God has given us, and how we can help others in the Christmas season that is quickly approaching.  I always enjoy making my gift lists for loved ones and finding the perfect gift to give.  Speaking of.....ahem!  If you are reading this & think you may be on my Christmas list, now is the time to give me some of your wishlist items.  I just might get started on my Christmas shopping tomorrow, but only if I know what you want  :)

GOODNIGHT!

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you for doing this. I think it is great and I love reading about your life and the happiness that you have in your heart. Joseph is a lucky guy to have someone with a heart like yours! I am truly blessed to have you in my life. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three posts in one night!! I am impressed :) See...you have lots to write about. And it is all interesting :) Hope you are enjoying your day off!

    ReplyDelete