Sunday, December 5, 2010

christmas list

Friday night was a SUPER successful shopping night for Stacie and I.  We headed to Goldsboro a little after 7PM.  Yes, we got a late start, but we knew that Target stayed open until 10, and we thought we would have a good 30 minutes (at least) in Old Navy, TJ Maxx, and Belk all prior to their regular closing at 9PM.  Little did we know, their Christmas hours end at 11PM and we were tickled when we found out.  We both got some great deals at all the stores and really got a lot knocked off off our shopping list.  I don't even think either of us bought anything for ourselves, and that says a lot!  By the time I got home and unloaded my car it was almost midnight.  I was exhausted and have had a busy weekend ever since.

I've been jotting down wishlist items here & there for the past week or so, and I am pleased to announce my Christmas List to you all.

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER...
  • new vacuum cleaner - I can not believe I am asking for this for Christmas, but I really do need one.  Welcome to adulthood, right? 

  • brown 'monkey' mountain hard wear fleece jacket

  • any cute dress socks or colorful scarves

  • black painted hanging "A" with white polka dots.   I have no clue what they are called, but everyone has them and they usually have a nice bow at the top.  Since my porch is always bare after Christmas is over, that would be perfect for the month of January.  I'm thinking ribbon in the colors of blue, green, silver, etc. for my bow, hint hint!

  • new quilt/comforter set for my bedroom...but then, I have that wierd phobia about not ordering things prior to trying them on or feeling the fabric.  I think I will just keep this on my own personal wishlist that way I can only be mad at myself if it's not the quality I had hoped for.  But I will share one of my favorites that I've come accross so far..

OH, and let's not forget the list of CD's that I am wanting but too cheap to buy them for myself.  I don't own an Ipod & I don't download music - I just wait for my friends to download songs & make my cd's, but lately, that is just not happening as often as I'd like.  So, as if I'm back in middle school, some of the newest CD's that are on my list are...
  • sugarland
  • darius rucker
  • eric church
  • zac brown band
  • miranda lambert
Miranda Lambert is really growing on me.  I used to think she was just another Gretchen Wilson (who I'm really NOT a fan of), but she has proved me wrong lately with her new songs.  "The House That Built Me" gets me everytime...I always end up drying my eyes as I'm singing.  Although this list of CD's probably makes me look a little something like Gretchen Wilson, I promise that I do love some rap music.  I guess between Sirius and FM radio, I manage to find more of those songs playing without having to request the CD's.  Joseph, on the other hand, is not a fan of my country music.  He has discovered the Pearl Jam station on Sirius so there is now a constant battle over the radio when we're in my car.  I can't wait to have some new choices!!

  • Ralph Lauren Blue perfume

  • Chance by Chanel perfume

  • red NCSU hoodie

  • sassy little necklace from AVON as seen below

  • new purse

This is the most detailed Christmas List I think I have ever created.  Friday night's shopping was SO much easier because I actually knew what I was looking to buy for the people on my list.  I've been wanting to post my own list ever since so I hope this helps  :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes it does! You know I am a BIG fan of lists :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty good list! I hope you get it ALL :) We always use a down comforter but I am ready to try something new, just don't want to spend the money on anything that is not going to feel FABULOUS! We just got an ORECK vacuum a few months ago. It was VERY pricy but worth every cent. Not to mention it will last forever! I hope. hehhe

    ReplyDelete