Tuesday, December 21, 2010

survey says

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? My preference is wrapping paper with pretty bows but I do use gift bags if necessary

2. Real tree or Artificial? The only thing I remember about the last real tree we had was the tree stand had a hole in it, and we came home to soaked carpet and wet presents one day after day care.  Ever since, we've always had artificial, and since living on my own I've had the same pre-lit tree which I adore.  I'm anxious to find out the life expectancy of the lights, and I think I will venture to a real tree when this one has to be retired.  I love the smell and I think it's so fun finding the 'perfect' one!
3. When do you put up the tree?  Last year I put it up on Veteran's day, yes that is November 11th...I know that was a little too early...this year I did wait until the week of Thanksgiving!  I like for everything to be decorated when I come home from Thanksgiving dinner  :)

4. When do you take the tree down? At some point between Christmas and New Year's Eve, but closer to NYE. 

5. Do you like eggnog? One sip is good enough for me!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? There is no telling...

7. Hardest person to buy for? The grandparents
8. Easiest person to buy for? Mom

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it is special too

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Please do not give me Mary Kay as a gift just because you sell it & can get it at a discount.  I also sell Mary Kay, and you know this.  End of Story.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I always enjoy National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story.  They never get old.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? usually after November 1st when my Christmas account money gets transferred

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I plead the fifth!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?  it's all delicious to me

16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)?  Growing up we had colored, but now I use clear.  I like both...ditto to what Ashley said

17. Favorite Christmas song?   I have a lot of favorite Christmas songs...This Christmas, Where Are You Christmas, and Away in A Manger just to name a few.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I'd hate to bore you, so I will just say that the traveling is usually all within a 60 mile radius!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?  I am embarrassed to say that I can not.

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Ribbon
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Joseph & I do everything Christmas Eve with a glass of wine

22. Favorite children's Christmas song? I'm not real sure..

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? the rude people...but on a bright note, there are usually more cheerful people than rude, and I *love it* when total strangers wish Merry Christmas while passing by.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? My color theme is red, lime green, and gold...no super sentimental favorite ornament as of now.

25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? I am a ham kind of girl

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? My Christmas List is posted below in case you forgot  :)

27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? My uncle used to...until the kids began to recognize his voice and his disappearance.  This year was the first time we had an 'outsider' as Santa.  Since we have 8 children 10 and under, it has become a tradition and they always look forward to it.

28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I really can't remember how old I was, but I do remember that I was helping mom decroate cookies on the kitchen table when I blurted it out.  I'm guessing 8 or 9...

29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? hot apple cider
30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? doesn't matter to me, whatever is pretty  :)
31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? I sure hope not!!

32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? I guess the Magic Key

33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Either.
34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon? Charlie Brown Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment