Friday, December 10, 2010

so far on my flex day..

I'm not real sure how I forgot to mention in my earlier post that we went out to eat last night.  To (one of) my favorite places!!  LaGrange is known for it's seafood restaurant, the Sandpiper, but I prefer to eat at the back of the restaurant, in the Oyster Bar.mmmm.  Just saying those words makes my mouth water.  Some of you despise them, some of you love them like me, but oysters are one of the only things I like about the cold months of winter.  Nine times out of ten, if we are hanging out with friends, we are with Matt & Stacie, and that's who we dined with last night.  I swear Stacie & I were separated at birth, we have so much in common & she is constantly making me laugh.

Today is my flex day, meaning, it's the third Friday in my 'flex cycle', and I have a day off every three weeks!  I absolutely love that program at my job and will be sad if I ever have to go without.  So far, it's been a very productive one.  I started out with Chic Fil A breakfast, as pictured below, and a trip to Aldi.  While I was out to visit the *new* Chic Fil A, I noticed a *new* Cash Points ATM, in the same shopping area I frequent often, only minutes from my house...ahhhh, it's the little things that make me happy!  Aldi, on the other hand, oh my.  I heart Aldi and the cheap prices because you can really save some money shopping there.  I do not heart the people that race me to the checkout line (everytime I am there) with their cart overflowing with canned goods and groceries, while I have less than 10 items in my hands.  I swear, this happens to me every single time I am there.  I often think they will notice me behind them, with very few items, tapping my foot, and they will offfer to let me in front of them.  So far it has not happened. 

Since being home, I have made oreo balls, swiffered my kitchen and bathroom, while triying not to vomit at the amount of hair one person sheds in a week, wiped down my refrigerator on the inside and out, still trying not to vomit at the unknown amount of drink that has splattered on my fridge, changed the sheets on my bed, and I'm currently working on signing my Christmas cards.  Shew, that makes me tired just writing it.  I think something is wrong with me because I am not the type of person to just sit and watch TV.  I am always finding something to do, but that's just me.  Happy Friday!!

3 comments:

  1. Ummmm, I love oyster too!! One of my favorite things!

    I've never been to an Aldi! I will have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we talk about how I do that exact same thing at Aldi....just tapping away, holding my milk and rawhides, hoping they will say "oh, go ahead shug"...I don't think it's going to happen!

    ReplyDelete