Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Monday Monday

"HOTCAKES...get ya hotcakes!!"  We should have been yelling this last Wednesday night.  The Relay for Life team at my church decided that we would host Pancake Suppers to help raise money for Relay, and what a great fundraiser this has turned out to be.  Last year, we had one and raised around $800.  This year, we raised over $1100 at our first one, and the team wants to have at least two more.  I don't want to cause team members to get burnt out (including myself), but it was such a huge success!!  All of our feedback has been very positive and I look forward to working together with people I love for a great cause.  If you're in the area, stay tuned to my Facebook for the date of the February Pancake Supper.  It's a $5 donation for all you can eat, including bacon, ham & sausage...... ( I am getting hungry just talking about it! ).

We spent most of the weekend helping our friends move to their new house.  We moved 2400 square feet into 1400 square feet in less than 12 hours...AND even the kitchen and closets got unpacked.  Sadly, I don't have any pictures of the process, but Saturday was quite a busy and exhausting day, to say the least.  3 cars, 3 trucks, 2 long bed trailers, 7 people, sunshine, and two trips later, the Davenport's were moved into their new house successfully and we had eaten a wonderful steak dinner.  There were a few moments that made me want to cry during the process, but Stacie is the toughest cookie I know, and the day was so much more productive than anyone thought it would be.  I can't wait to visit again soon & see all the progress they have made.  They have two people coming to look at their house this weekend so say a little prayer (to whomever you pray to) that things will work out for them soon.

My supervisor has not been at work since Wednesday of last week and as sad as this may sound,  I am really expecting a sticker for my good work upon her return tomorrow (she gives them out regularly as if we were kindergarteners).  There has been a lot of priority lists as well as procrastination in my office the past few months.  It's a shame when you have to 'prioritize' your priority list.  But I did.  And I finally have some "breathing room".  You can now see the top of my filing cabinet, and most of my desk.

Joseph cooked a mean meatloaf tonight.  I absolutely love him.  I was folding laundry and picking up things around the house while he was cooking a scrumptious meal for the two of us.  I told him I was sorry for making him prepare things on his own, but I swear I think he enjoys it better than me being in his way.  We had meatloaf with baked potatoes, and roasted asparagus.  OH, and how could I forget that he picked up Sister Schubert's rolls as a surprise.  They are AH-mazing!!

We have a busy week of dinner dates at different locations planned with friends and family...followed by good times during Super Bowl Sunday!  I wouldn't trade a thing for my world, I am so in love with my life right now and the people in it.  I sometimes get worried that I have not thanked The Man Upstairs quite enough. 

So...Thank You!

(DISCLAIMER:  I started this post before 10:00pm but apparently couldn't hold my eyes open long enough to proofread it and publish.  I have got to stop this falling asleep on the couch nonsense!)

1 comment:

  1. I am ready for the next pancake supper! It's a wonderful meal for $5.
    Hope you got your sticker you were expecting :)

    ReplyDelete