Tuesday, February 1, 2011

first of the month

Since it's the first of February, I thought I might do a quick recap of how I am doing with my 'new years resolutions'.  I saw another blogger who does this monthly and I thought it was a neat idea.  I'm mostly only doing this with hopes that it will keep me motivated from month to month, but I figured I would share it with you all so you can hold me to it!

Read my daily devotional - To be honest with you, I just opened it & the date is January 26...so I need to do better!  I thought about making myself look better by stretching this story a bit, but let's face it....lying about this one would just be wrong. 

Buy a house - definitely looked at one 8296578 times and even met with a broker...I am pre-approved but this is nothing I want to rush into.  Still lots to ponder about this one.

Punctuality at work - was only late 2 mornings this month....I have even signed in at 7:24 a few times...I amaze myself on these mornings!

Exercising regularly/wellness walk at work - including my dance class & days at the gym, I think I have worked out at least 3 times a week except for one week this month.  It's been too cold to do the wellness walk, but I am planning to start soon.  Promise!

Sticking to the budget - I am sure my mother is interested to see this update.  She will be proud to know that I managed to make one paycheck last for 45 days.  Really, I didn't have a choice in the decision, but I am really proud of myself.  I still have some of my Christmas Bonus money left for a trip later this month and I didn't even use my credit card over the holidays!

Happy Birthdays - I admit that this one is pretty silly - but I am making an effort to let people know that I haven't forgotten them!
Run a 5K - I have signed up for one in March...although I am coming to the realization that I might be walking instead of running.  Baby steps, people, babyyy steps!

How are you doing with your resolutions and goals for the year??

1 comment:

  1. I'm not doing so well on mine, except for not going to Target. I have managed to boycott Target for a month now. Wooo!
    Good job on yours boo!

    ReplyDelete