Tuesday, January 25, 2011

tomAto..TOMaTO..

In the midst of trying to do way too much during the one hour I have for lunch, today I was forced to have a 'pancake & sausage on a stick' (this has become my favorite breakfast meal by the way) for lunch as I was driving back to work.  Yes, this means I ate the same thing for breakfast and lunch, and yes, I realize it's not very healthy.  I did, however; decide to bring a container of cherry tomatoes with me to snack on because I knew I would get hungry again soon.  What a combination, huh?

I just love those little things and I could not stop eating them.  Within 30 minutes I had eaten almost the entire container.  This is not a good idea and please do not try this at home.  In my opinion, eating that many cherry tomatoes is the equivalent of eating sushi drenched in soy sauce.  You're probably wondering why I am comparing the two.  But you know the feeling where your belly pokes out so much you look pregnant no matter what you do.  There is no 'sucking in' until the wierd acid-ness feeling goes away.  Sometimes you even get a sharp pain that lasts for a few seconds just to remind you that something is just not quite right.  Now I'm no Nutritionist, but I do know that soy sauce is full of sodium and obviously tomatoes are full of acid.  On days when I have eaten sushi for lunch, I usually end up having to unbutton my pants when sitting behind my desk.  IT IS THAT BAD YALL!!  I will let you guess if I had to unbutton my pants today.

I quickly learned that when eating sushi, it is best to cut back (tremendously) on the soy sauce.  Today, I learned that eating that many cherry tomatoes is not good for the digestive system.  Doing this may or may not cause you to have gas.  I also do not recommend going to the gym the same afternoon.  And that, my friends (& stalkers), is your lesson of the day!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!!! Good job on writing a comical post. You even made me LOL ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, this post was just for you!! I realized after I published it, that I had forgotten to make a note somewhere that you told me to write about whatever was on my mind, no matter what it was...and obviously this is exactly what I did :) so glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete