Friday, March 4, 2011

my favorite month

March is by far my favorite month of the year, and not just because it's my birthday month!!  The days get longer, warmer weather is quickly approaching, flowers begin to bloom, and well, let's face it, my birthday.ha.  So many of my family and friends have March birthdays, and it's always nice to get together with everyone and celebrate another year.  Not to mention I love any excuse to eat some good cake.

This post might not be happening if it weren't for my wonderful friend, "Ashley #1".  She informed me that it was past time for me write a post, and I told her I never know what to write about.  Her response to me, "just write about what you've been up to, your funny random thoughts, your clumsy self, or anything."  So, this post is for you, Ashley Deaver!!

  • I recently ordered the new Rihanna CD and I'm in love.  It was delivered Wednesday but it was late when I got home that night so I didn't get a good chance to listen to it.  Thursday, I had a home visit over an hour away scheduled first thing in the morning, but I was pretty pumped about being able to listen to the CD and learn some of the other songs.  That is, until I was given the only county car with a cassette player instead of a CD player.  So I managed to stay awake by flipping through all the radio stations instead.  At least it did have cruise control.  As soon as I got back to the office, I copied the CD on my work computer and have listened to it nonstop ever since.  The songs have such a good beat and I can not stop singing them.ahhhhh
  • I have had a lot of talks with God lately.  There are just so many people who are in need of strength and healing.  Even if I don't talk with them as often as I should, I think talking to God about them is more important anyway.  I'm far from perfect, but I do believe that prayer is powerful. 
  • Today is super cleanup day.  My front bed is literally covered with piles of clean clothes.  At least they have been folded already.  Today's task is to put them all away.  Speaking of, I'm sure I have another load of laundry that I could be starting right now....and I should maybe dust because my bedroom dresser looked pretty bad with the early morning sunlight shining through.  I also have a few bags of trash in the storage room I need to take off, and I'm planning on painting my nails a new Spring color.  That's what flex days are for, right?!?!
  • I am pleased to announce that I transferred my entire tax refund amount, dollar for dollar, to my Credit Card account and in just a few short weeks that bad boy will be PAID OFF!!
  • Saturday is GNO...aka...Girls' Night Out.  That is all you need to know  :)

When trying to think of my latest clumsy episode for Ashley, the stomach bug comes to mind.  I say this because one Thursday a couple weeks ago I had to leave work early because I was sick.  My stomach had been feeling extremely wierd all morning and I had zero appetite at lunch (huge red flag).  I was on my way out the door to Rose Hill (about an hour away) for a home visit, when my boss insisted I cancel the home visit and go home because she could tell I was sick.  At one point as I was driving home, I thought I was going to have to use my empty OJ cup from that morning to catch what was going to come up if I didn't get to my house quick enough.  I made it to my driveway.  I got out of the car.  I was only a few feet away from my porch steps and had my keys in my hands, ready to unlock the door immediately.  And it happened.  I knew there was no time for me to unlock the door and get to the bathroom in the back of my house.  I did what anyone else would have done - sat my purse down on the front steps and continued walking away from the steps so that vomit would not be an additional welcome greeting beside my garden flag or doormat.  Mind you, I live on a pretty busy road in the small town of Kinston.  My first vomit, totally projectile, lasted for what seemed like 30 seconds in my front yard, as numerous vehicles were passing by.  Talk about embarrassing.  I came inside, got cleaned up and then proceeded to camp out in bed all afternoon/night.  I drank a total of 2 big Gatorades and had a few popsicles throughout the evening, and managed to eat a bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup the next day for lunch.  Thankfully, it was a 24 hour bug, but it took my tummy about 48 hours to recover.  I don't know what having a baby feels like, but I swear it felt like every muscle in my stomach had been stretched out to the max and was finally trying to return to normalcy.  I was so glad to be feeling back to myself again and I wouldn't wish that on anyone!!

HAPPY FRIDAY TO YOU AND HAPPY FLEX DAY TO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment