Monday, March 7, 2011

getting closer & closer to 30

My birthday is quickly approaching and for some reason, I'm not really a fan of this year's number.  And I probably won't be from here on out!  One of my friends used to talk about how her 25th birthday was such a slap in the face, but 25 did not bother me.  At the end of the month when I have to announce that I am 27, I will want to crawl under a table and hide!  Don't get me wrong, I know I'm young and have plenty of life left to live.  And I intend on doing just that in case you're wondering.  However, when I was little, I knew that my mom had me when she was 28 years old, and I always thought that I wanted to have my first child at that age.  WRONG!!  Now I love love love kids, but I am no where near the baby stage and in no rush for that dramatic change of lifestyle.  I have plenty of babies toddlers to spoil and I love them all so good.  It's nice knowing they love me back, but it's also nice to know I don't have to stay up with them all night because they're sick or had a bad dream.  I like my un-interrupted sleep way too much!!  Now, if any of my mom friends needed help with their little ones, and needed me to stay overnight, they know that I would be there in a heartbeat.  BUT, they are all phenomenal mommies and so far, I've not been on the 'emergency list' for these kinds of duties.  My plan is to wait until I'm at least 30 years old for kids, and then I am going to try and knock them all out as quickly as possible since I want at least two.haha.

On to the fun stuff, my birthday wishlist!!  No pictures this time because I'm too lazy to do the searches again, but, in no particular order:

-Nude Peeptoe Heels
-Michael Kors watch
-White Queen Sheet Set
-CAbi sweater
-Joan Rivers Clutch
-Dolla Dolla Bills yal
-Dinner at Chef & The Farmer is always a nice treat!!

SIDENOTE:  I will be teaching MAPP Training to prospective foster parents for the next 5 weeks on Tuesday and Thursday nights, and lucky for me, my birthday falls on a Thursday this year.  SO, I will be working 13 plus hours on my birthday...thankfully, the Friday after is my flex day so I will have a long weekend to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment